Electric 40 Gallon Hot Water Heaters
6 YEAR WARRANTY
Or $850.00 with 8 yr. warrantyLimited Time Offer. Prices subject to change.
Rather Be Plumbing specializes in residential and commercial water heater repair and replacement. We take care of all your water heater needs, including water pressure regulators, expansion tanks, water shut-off valves, and any other plumbing item related to the water heater.
Our Standard Installation is defined as the installation of a new water heater in place of an old one in which there is clear access to the old water heater.
Standard Installation of a water heater includes:
- We shut-off your water, gas, or electric, and drain and disconnect your old heater.
- We slide it out of the way and put the new one right in its place.
- We hook the new water heater up to the existing water lines below the existing valves:
- For copper water lines, we include up to 1 foot of copper for minor changes at no additional charge. Additional copper will result in an additional charge.
- For plastic water lines, local plumbing codes require a certain length of copper from the top of the tank. If you have copper coming out of your existing tank and meet the local plumbing code, there is usually no additional charge. If your current set-up does not follow local plumbing code, there may be an additional charge.
- For gas water heaters, we hook it up to the existing flue and gas line.
- For electric water heaters, we reconnect it to the existing electric.
- We check the water pressure and check for thermal expansion.
- We haul the old water heater for a minimal charge, or put it at the curb at no additional charge.
- The labor warranty for all hot water tanks is 1 year. You choose the warranty for the water heater tank and parts (warranties typically range from 6 through 12 years).
Some examples of a non-standard installation include:
- When the water heater is located on the 2nd floor or above;
- When the tank is not accessible because it is behind a furnace;
- When gas lines are blocking it;
- When it is behind a finished wall or door frame.
The capacity of a hot water heater should be based on the number of occupants and the peak hour water demand, regardless of the size of the house. The water heater should provide enough hot water at the busiest time of the day. Also consider the number of plumbing fixtures you have in the home. The more sinks you have, the greater the demand for hot water. Also consider extraordinary hot water demands, such as hot tubs.
The ability of a water heater to meet peak demands for hot water is indicated by its "first hour rating." This rating accounts for the effects of tank size and the speed by which cold water is heated.
|Recommended Tank Capacity by Family Size|
|1-4 people||40 Gallon|
|4-8 people||60 Gallon|
- Manufactured in Canada
- 8 Year warranty
- 40 Gallon / 184L specs:
- Size 22 inches wide (56cm)
- Height 48 5/8 inches (124cm)
- 60 Gallon / 284L specs:
- Size 23 1/2 wide (60cm)
- height 60 inches (152cm)
|Install Price by Size and Warranty|
|Warranty Type||40 Gallon with Standard Install||60 Gallon with Standard Install|
|Install Price By Size and Warranty|
|Warranty Type||40 Gallon, Standard Install||65 Gallon, Standard Install|
**These prices exclude Gas Hot Water Tanks with a Power Vent. If you want a Power Vent Tank, please contact us for a custom quote.
Wanna go tankless?
Thinking of a on-demand water heater?
We offer tankless installs!
Call us for a custom quote starting around $4500 + permit fees.
Unless otherwise specified, we include 6 years of warranty on the tank, and 1 year for labour.
Additional Parts & Services:
- Expansion Tank $75-$100 +1.5 hours installation
- Earthquake Strapping $35-$50 +1 hour installation
- PRV $75-$100 +1.5 hours installation